Whether you are a first time home buyer or a seasoned real estate investor, buying and selling real estate can be a confusing and stressful matter. For most families their home is their largest asset and the associated mortgage is their biggest liability.
Harvey, Waddell, Monahan & Layton has been handling real estate matters for over 50 years. We have seen both sides of the housing bubble and can advise you throughout the process of transferring legal title to a property.
Our services include:
- Reviewing the purchase and sale contract with you to identify possible problems.
- Assuring that there are no covenants, easements, liens, or encumbrances against the property that may impede your use and enjoyment of the property.
- Preparing and recording all the legal documents for the valid transfer of the property.
- Clarifying the terms of the mortgage and work with your bank, if necessary, to modify them.
- Scrutinizing the adjustments, credits, and costs that must be paid at closing. These include taxes owing, association fees, abstract title search, real estate commissions, and the like.
- Legal representation at your closing and reviewing all the papers you will be required to sign.
- Procuring title insurance to protect you from losses due to title defects.
- Reviewing any title issues or defects as they arise and working to correct them before closing.
It is always best to have an experienced Attorney review your anticipated Real Estate Transaction prior to signing any documents.
If you are ready to purchase or sell real property, please do not hesitate to contact Ryan M. Layton, Esq. for a 30 minute consultation.